Saturday, May 23, 2015

Looking forward to Red Bull

I know we all rejoiced when Pfeffer netted that goal, but I kinda didn't want to win. The #SackSak movement was picking up steam, and all of a sudden, no one is talking about it. Partially though, I think it's because a lot of fans, myself included, don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Sakiewicz is a partial owner which means rooting him from his spot on the board of directors is going to be EXTREMELY difficult. I don't know about the rest of you Union fans, but I took all of the statements that Sakiewicz released on Sunday and Monday as him saying "f*** you Union fans, there is nothing you can do." I only say this because he said the same crap as he has said over and over again, and it felt more like an effort to appease the national media, local media, and the fan base than anything else.

Alright so... the task at hand, PHI @ NYRB
NYRB remind me a lot of Sporting KC in terms of how they go about business: it's high pressure, quasi-SKC when from two years ago. Obviously, I think SKC was a more complete team than NYRB is, but I think we should expect the Union to try to play defense, give up most of the possession, and rely on the counter.

Suggested starting line up (4-2-3-1): Williams(Lee or Fabinho)-Marquez-White-Gaddis(Williams); Nogueira-Pfeffer;Fabinho(Wenger)-Maidana-Le Toux;Casey

Primary starter(secondary starter depending how injuries play out). 

So now, let me justify my line up:

Marquez & White because.... well, whose else can you have out there? Mo is suspended, Vitoria is injured.

Nogueira & Pfeffer because Curtin wants offensive production out of this position. Meanwhile, Nogueira prefers to sit deeper, and with Pfeffer being more of an attacking mid-fielder can provide production without sacrificing defensive cover.

Casey because he has generally played well against NYRB, and neither Sapong nor Aristeguieta has been in training extensively this week. Although, I would expect him to be subbed sometime between halftime to the 60th minute mark.

Fabinho(Wenger)-Maidana-Le Toux: We all know that Fabinho does better when he doesn't have to play defense. Maidana so he can Maidana things. Le Toux because he tends to stay more on the wing when Casey is on the field, and because he is about to turn a corner, in terms of form(that's what my gut says). However, I think Curtin will put Wenger a LW simply because he believes that Wenger can break his slump and start being effective. (Don't get me wrong, if Wenger does break this slump, it will take Union to a new level because at least offensively, Union are doing 11 men's work with 10).

The LB and RB sport: If you can start Williams at LB, and Gaddis at RB because Gaddis can give it a go, do it! However, if Gaddis can't go, move Williams to RB, and move Lee to the LB spot. My reasoning for putting Lee out there over Fabinho is because if I wanna see someone get burned, I would rather see a young kid out there who has room to improve vs. Fabinho who really does not). Again, I don't think Curtin shares this sentiment.

I personally would satisfied with a draw at NYRB(expecting based on merit that is being optimistic, but if you don't have hope, who do you have?).

No comments:

Post a Comment